Part 1 My Pharyngeal Throat Cancer Stage 4 Diagnosis

image of people on camels travelling past a pyramid

 

What is the difference between Stage 1 2 3 and 4 cancer?

How a Sore Throat Could have turned into a Life Sentence(Throat cancer)

Stage I  Cancers that haven't spread beyond the primary tumor site 

Stage 2 Cancer indicates that the tumor has grown larger than in stage 1, but it has not yet started to spread into the surrounding tissues. However, in some cases, stage 2 may indicate that cancer cells have spread into nearby lymph nodes, depending on the specific type of cancer.

Stage 3 Cancer indicates a larger tumor that may have to surrounding tissues or lymph nodes.

Stage 4 cancer is a highly advanced cancer that has spread to various parts of the body. Treatment options for this type of cancer depend on the specific cancer type and may aim to slow down the cancer's growth and improve the patient's quality of life.

(My diagnosis is Tonsil and to be confirmed Carotoid Artery)'

These I are the symptoms of Throat Cancer.

Cancer Studies Symptoms

The main symptoms of laryngeal cancer include:

  • a change in your voice, such as sounding hoarse
  • pain when swallowing or difficulty swallowing
  • a lump or swelling in your neck
  • a long-lasting cough
  • a persistent sore throat or earache
  • in severe cases, difficulty breathing


Some people may also experience bad breath, breathlessness, a high-pitched wheezing noise when breathing, unexplained weight loss, or fatigue

My Symptoms 

  • 1 Persistent sore throat
  • 2. Feeling washed out
  • 3. Trying to clear my throat.
  • 4. voice hoarseness (through just sore throat)

My thoughts on MY Symptoms. 

  • 1. I was on holiday in Bali and thought I had got a small fishbone caught in my throat.
  • 2. Tired from being on holiday.
  • 3.possible tonsillitis. 

What prompted me to go Doctor.

  • 1. Visiting daughter Symptoms increased to extreme hoarseness. 
  • 2. My Wife and Daughters concerned for my health
  • 3. Me-Still hanging to my diagnosis of a small fish bone lodged in my throat. 
  • 4. Finally the call to action....A small cough while driving turns into a blood spray.

Soul-destroying DOCTORS VISIT. (Pharyngeal)Throat Cancer.

  • 1. Still thinking I had a bone lodged in my throat the doctor inspected my throat and said "I can see your tonsils are enlarged and I can see a hole in it"
  • "If there was a bone it has ruptured and it is now gone but will send you for a scan to check"
  • 2. Second visit with my wife after the scan.
  • 3. Went in and Sat down; Doctor looked up and the First words out of his mouth were 
  • "Go home and get your affairs in order you have stage 4 Throat cancer and have less than 6 months to Live !"

My Feelings writing this Episode

In 3 months, it will be the ninth anniversary of this day.

Trepidation of reliving the experience; Worried about creating fear for someone approaching treatment on one hand-presenting the factual recount of my and (your) receipt of the soul-destroying news on the other.

My Answer......... IT IS and IT ISNT an Individual Battle

  NEXT EPISODE                          BACK TO HOME                      HELP AND SUPPORT LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, I hope my blog helps in some way to cope with cancer.I am a survivor remember; One Day at a Time;
Regards
Phil on a Mission

Popular Posts